Cookbook:Cheese Spread on French Bread
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cheese Spread on French Bread|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp dried sage
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 loaf French bread, cut in small slices
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- In a large bowl, mix together mustard, butter, and sage.
- Add the apple juice, cheddar cheese, and pepper, then stir well.
- Add the cream cheese, blending well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and allow to stand for ½ hour.
- Spread on bread and serve with milk.