Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
These little confections are great one-per-afternoon snacks. They are dense and will give you a euphoric high on sweets but make you want to go work out after.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 lb (450 g) cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups (180 g) sugar
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave in a bowl. Thirty seconds on a medium setting should be sufficient.
- Combine the cream cheese, eggs, and sugar.
- Line the pan with the papers.
- Put chocolate chips in the bottom of the cupcake papers, making less than a full layer; do not completely cover the bottom of the papers.
- Fill the cups with the cream cheese mixture, then place into the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. The chocolate will melt and create a bottom to your cakes, but part of that chocolate will also bubble up through the cream cheese for an added effect.
- Remove and allow to cool for 20 minutes, until the chocolate hardens on the bottom and becomes crunchy.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- You can also garnish the top of the cakes with chocolate that you melt in a double boiler.