Cookbook:Cheddar and Broccoli Bread Roll
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cheddar and Broccoli Bread Roll|
1 ten-ounce package of frozen, chopped broccoli 283.5 154.28% ¾ cup all-purpose flour 93.75 51.02% ¾ cup whole wheat flour 90 48.98% 1 tbsp baking powder 13.8 7.51% ½ tsp garlic powder 1.55 0.84% ¼ tsp salt 1.5 0.82% 3 tbsp margarine 42 22.86% 115 ml skimmed milk 118.99 64.76% 3 oz (90 g) shredded low fat cheddar cheese 90 48.98% Formula 735.09 400.05%
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Have an ungreased baking sheet ready.
- In a large bowl, combine both types of flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the margarine. Mix with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and stir until all ingredient are moistened.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead a few times until the dough holds together in a ball. Add a small amount of flour if the dough is sticky.
- Roll dough, or press with your hands, into an 8 x 14 inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over dough, staying 1 inch away from the edges.
- Spread broccoli evenly over the cheese.
- Starting with one long side, tightly roll up dough like a jelly roll. Pinch the ends and seam together. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the bottom is nicely browned. Remove to a rack to cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve warm.
- Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved, with the exception that all purpose flour and whole wheat flour were split to separate lines.