Cookbook:Char-Grilled Strip Steak
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Char-Grilled Strip Steak|
These steaks, seasoned with spices and herbs, will save you money that you might have used to go to a steakhouse.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 ea. (24–32 oz) beef strip steaks, 1 inch thick
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine seasonings. Set aside.
- Brush steaks liberally with olive oil. Rub each side of steaks with seasoning mixture. Leave at room temperature for 30–45 minutes before continuing.
- Prepare grill for indirect heating, high on one side, medium on the other. Add steaks to high part of grill and cook 1 ¼ minutes. Rotate 90 degrees and cook for another 1 ¼ minutes. Flip and repeat one more time.
- Move steaks to medium heat and cook, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 140°F for medium-rare.
- Remove to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest 7–10 minutes.
- Slice steaks thinly across the grain on a bias. Serve warm.