|Category||Salad dressing recipes|
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup champagne vinegar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Crush garlic clove with the side of the blade of a chef's knife or other flat object. Transfer the clove, leaving it in one piece, to a mixing bowl.
- Add the vinegar, pepper and salt, and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove and discard the garlic. Whisk in the mustard. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly to emulsify.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- If not using immediately, store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Whisk again or shake container vigorously to re-emulsify before serving.