Cookbook:Catfish and Plantain Pepper Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Catfish and Plantain Pepper Soup|
Catfish and plantain pepper soup is prepared by cooking catfish with plantain and adding spices to the mixture.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Chilli pepper
- Fresh pepper (blended)
- Pepper soup spices
- Ripe plantain, peeled and in pieces
- Ground crayfish
- Onions, chopped
- Seasoning cubes
- Scent leaf
- Utazi leaf
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Wash the catfish with salt and hot water to remove the slime.
- Blend together the chile pepper, fresh pepper, ehuru, uda, and other spices.
- Heat a pot of water over the fire. Add plantain, and allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the catfish, spice mixture, ground crayfish, onions, seasoning cubes, and salt. Let simmer for about 10–15 minutes.
- Add the scent leaf and utazi.
- Remove from heat, and serve hot.