Cookbook:Carquinyoli (Catalan Almond Cookies)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Carquinyoli (Catalan Almond Cookies)|
Carquinyoli are Catalan cookies much like biscotti.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 150 g flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 100 g sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 125 g whole raw almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Combine the egg, sugar, and lemon zest. Whip until very foamy.
- Stir the flour mixture and almonds into the egg mixture to get a dough.
- Shape the dough into two flattened logs of about 6 x 3 cm on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the dough with the beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven at moderate heat (180°C) for 25 minutes.
- While still hot, cut the baked dough into thin slices less than 1 cm thick. Arrange slices on baking sheets without letting them touch.
- Bake them for 5 minutes more in the oven to brown their surfaces.
- Allow to cool before eating.