From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|This Cookbook page needs work. Please . See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.
The following reason was given: Some of the ingredients and instructions for the recipe are apparently missing. For example, there are no liquids with which to make a dough to form into a 'plate roll' whatever that may be.
- 125g of raw (non-peeled and not toasted) almonds
- 1 egg
- 150g of flour
- 100g of sugar
- 1 lemon
- teaspoon of cinnamon
- teaspoon of yeast
- Clean the lemon and grate its peel.
- Mix the grated peel into the flour, sugar, cinnamon and yeast.
- Add the almonds. Form two plate rolls of about 6 cm x 3 cm.
- Beat the egg and brush it onto the plate rolls.
- Bake in the oven at a moderate heat (180ºC) for 25 minutes.
- While still hot, cut into thin slices of one centimetre or less.
- Cook them for five minutes more in the oven to brown their surfaces.
- Allow to cool before eating.