Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 400g beef fillet
- 90ml extra virgin olive oil
- small handful pine kernels, for toasting
- 50g Parmesan, for shaving
- dash of truffle oil, for drizzling (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- Buy a small piece of the finest quality beef fillet you can afford. Cut the fillet into extremely thin slices - about 2mm.
- Lay a piece of cling film on the work surface, place the sliced beef on top and place another layer of film over. Flatten the slices with the back of a knife.
- Pour a small puddle of olive oil onto a large plate and place a layer of beef over it. Season with the salt and pepper and continue making layers with all the beef.
- Cover the plate with cling film and leave to marinate for half an hour.
- Meanwhile toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan.
- Transfer the beef onto individual plates. Cover with pine nuts, shavings of Parmesan and a dash of truffle oil if you have any.