Cookbook:Cappelletti Pasta Soup (Cappelletti in Brodo)
Cappeletti in Brodo is a very simple and very delicious Italian pasta soup, made with Cappeletti (small meat or vegetable filled) ravioli. It's delicious on a cold day, getting in from a long day at work, and without much time to devote to preparing a tasty meal. Best served with some home made garlic bread and a healthy salad.
- 250 g packet of Cappelletti pasta pillows
- 1/2 litre of water but more water to be added to thin out the soup if required
- 2 good quality chicken stock cubes
- 1/2 cup of single cream
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper (as much as can be held between the finger/thumb)
- A dash of olive oil
- A handful of chopped parsley
- A dash (you decide how big or small!) of sweet sherry
- Fresh grated Parmesan to serve
- Bring the water to a rolling boil and add the stock cubes and let dissolve.
- Add the Cappelletti pasta and cook according to the instructions on the packet
- Add the cream and the parsley about 2 minutes before the end of the cooking, and turn down the heat
- Add the slug of sherry just before serving (or indeed if serving to children, the sherry can be added to the grown-up's plate after serving!!)
Let stand for a few minutes (whilst you pour a glass of wine, seat the guests and distribute the Garlic bread... which is a must with this dish)... serve, sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese...and enjoy.
Further serving suggestion might include a green salad, or a cold bean salad.
Buon Appetito Wikibookies