Cookbook:Cao lầu (Vietnamese Pork Noodles with Greens)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cao lầu (Vietnamese Pork Noodles with Greens)|
Cao lầu is a Vietnamese regional noodle dish that originated in Hội An, in the Quang Nam Province of central Vietnam.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 300 g pork
- 2 cups (150 g) uncooked Hokkien-style rice noodles
- 2 cups (150 g) bean sprouts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pinch chicken stock powder
- Turmeric powder (or paprika), for color
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- Asian greens (basil, cilantro, etc.)
- Chopped fresh chiles (for example Serrano chiles)
- Spring onions
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat oil and paprika in a pan.
- Add pork, smashed garlic, soy sauce, chicken stock, and spices. Fry for 3 minutes
- Add 1 tbsp water and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add sprouts, and cook for 1–2 minutes until soft.
- Remove sprouts, add noodles, and cook noodles for 2 minutes.
- Put noodles in a bowl on top of lettuce and greens. Add pork mixture, chopped spring onions, croûtons, and chiles.