Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Apricot This is a very easy recipe made with only a few ingredients. The apricots can be served with chicken, pork or Turkish dolma pilav. This should be enough for two people but it can easily be scaled up.
- 6-10+ dried apricots
- About 1 cup water
- A generous handful of sugar
- Walnuts (optional)
- Soak dried apricots in water for around 10 minutes.
- Add sugar to water, taste to adjust sweetness.
- Bring to a boil and add apricots.
- Simmer until the liquid is reduced. (I like it at a candy-ish consistency, similar to caramel, but the traditional consistency is closer to a light syrup)
- If reduced until it is a dark syrup it will be very hot and harden quickly, so plan accordingly.
- If serving as a dessert you can reduce to a light syrup and stuff or garnish with walnuts.
- This is good served with Turkish dolma pilav, or with a chicken or pork dish. It can also be served on its own with nuts as a dessert.