Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Servings||4 or 5|
Calzone is a popular Italian form of pizza. The word means sock because the resulting pizza looks similar to a sock.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup (240 ml) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (240 ml) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces (115 g) any topping (such as ham, bacon, salami, pepperoni, and/or sausage) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) oregano
- 1 package store-bought pizza dough
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine ricotta, mozzarella, toppings, and oregano.
- Roll the pizza dough between 2 pieces of waxed paper.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the center of the dough.
- Moisten edges of dough slightly. Fold the dough over, and seal edges by pressing with a fork.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 or 12 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce.