Jump to navigation Jump to search
This broccoli salad is often served at potlucks.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 7–8 cups (700–800 g / 1.5–1.8 lb) broccoli florets
- 7–8 slices of crisp fried bacon, crumbled (smoked bacon works well)
- 1 red or sweet onion, chopped (Vidalia are recommended)
- 1 apple, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup (80 g / 2.8 oz) raisins, plumped in boiling water
- 1 cup (250 g / 8.8 oz) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (110 g / 3.9 oz) sugar (or equivalent artificial sweetener)
- ½ cup (40 g / 1.4 oz) pecans or sunflower seeds
- dash of cider vinegar or lemon juice
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar together.s
- Mix remaining ingredients and combine completely in a large bowl.
- Cool in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Keep refrigerated.
- May be served with additional pecans or sunflower seeds sprinkled over the top.
- 2 bunches of broccoli should supply enough florets. If not, then add stems and stalk (peeled and chopped finely).