Jump to navigation Jump to search
This salad is often served at potlucks.
- 7 to 8 cups broccoli florets. Two bunches of broccoli supplies enough florets. If not, then add stems and stalk (peeled and chopped finely).
- for each cup of broccoli, one slice of crisp fried bacon, crumbled (smoked bacon works well)
- one red or sweet onion, chopped (Vidalia are recommended)
- one apple, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup raisins, plumped in boiling water
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sugar (or equivalent in artificial sweetener)
- ½ cup pecans or sunflower seeds
- dash of cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Whisk mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar or lemon juice.
- Mix remaining ingredients and combine completely in a large bowl.
- Cool in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Keep refrigerated.
- May be served with additional pecans or sunflower seeds sprinkled over the top.