Breakfast Sludge is a breakfast recipe that originally showed up on Imgur and Reddit in 2011. It combines a number of drinks and foods that are commonly eaten for breakfast. The drink itself doesn't look very good, but it is quite tasty. Its best to drink it without looking at it. This recipe is adapted from the original.
This recipe makes a single serving (8oz) of Breakfast Sludge.
- An 8oz mug
- 1 Granola Bar (Oatmeal also works)
- 1 scoop of Instant Coffee
- 1 teabag or 1 scoop of Chai
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 scoop of Hot Chocolate
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Put water on to boil.
- Break up the granola bar into the mug. You will want to ensure that it is very well ground up. The pieces of the granola bar should be about the size of pieces of oatmeal.
- Combine the Granola, Instant Coffee, Tea/Chai, Sugar, and Hot Chocolate in the cup.
- Add cinnamon to taste.
- Pour in enough boiling water to fill the cup.
- Stir vigorously until everything is mixed and the mixture has a dark brown appearance.
- Add milk to taste.
Notes, tips, and variations
- Most of the ingredients in this recipe can have their quantities changed to suit your taste.