Cookbook:Breaded Fried Oysters
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Breaded Fried Oysters|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pint shucked large oysters, cleaned and dried
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cream
- 2 cups fine bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Vegetable oil, to fry
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Take the cleaned oysters, place them on a clean towel, and dry them.
- Beat the eggs and cream together, and place in a shallow bowl.
- Combine the bread or cracker crumbs with the salt, pepper, and cayenne. Place in a shallow bowl or on a plate.
- With a fork, dip each oyster individually in the egg, then in the crumbs. With the back of a spoon, pat the crumbs to adhere them to the oysters.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan—the amount of oil will vary with the cooking method used.
- Deep fry, pan fry, or sauté the oysters in the pan, but do not crowd them; cook in batches if needed. Fry quickly until light brown on both sides; 1 or 2 minutes a side should be enough.
- Serve hot.
The information in this module was taken from the public domain 1881 Household Cyclopedia and modernized by Wikibooks editors.