Cookbook:Brazilian Black Bean Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2 cups dried black beans
- 8 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon caribe or another ground hot pepper
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- If using dried beans, place beans in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Simmer for 2 hours and drain.
- Place beans in a large pan and add 8 cups water, garlic, salt, white onions, cumin, ground chili and lime juice. Tie cloves in cheese cloth for easy removal if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours or until beans are tender and soup is thick.
- Mix in green onions and serve with lime wedge.
Serves: 4-6 servings