Cookbook:Brazilian Black Bean Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Brazilian Black Bean Soup|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups dried black beans
- 8 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup diced white onion
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 2 whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon caribe or another ground hot pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Place beans in a large pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour. Simmer for 2 hours and drain.
- Place beans in a large pan and add 8 cups water, garlic, salt, white onions, cumin, ground chili and lime juice. Tie cloves in cheesecloth for easy removal if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer for 2 hours or until beans are tender and soup is thick.
- Mix in green onions and serve with lime wedge.