Cookbook:Bouballe (Sweetened Matzo Meal Omelette)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bouballe (Sweetened Matzo Meal Omelette)|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Bouballe is a Jewish dish traditionally eaten for Passover. It is a sort of sweetened omelette bound with matzo meal and starch .
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tbsp matzo meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Whip the egg whites.
- Add the yolks, then the matzo meal and cornstarch. Mix everything together.
- Cook the mixture like an omelette.
- When cooked, sprinkle with sugar and serve.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Before sprinkling the sugar, cut into small squares, so it can be eaten with your fingers.
- Goes well with maple syrup