Cookbook:Blonde Almond Toffee Brownies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1½ cup (200g) sifted flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup (120g) butter
- 1 cup (240g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (120g) (packed) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (240g) coarsely chopped almond toffee
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Cream butter; add sugars and cream well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Blend in dry ingredients. Stir in chopped Almond Toffee.
- Spread over bottom of well greased 9 x 13 inch (18cm x 30cm) pan.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 30 minutes. When cool, cut into bars 3 inches (8 cm) long and 1 inch (2.5 cm) wide. If desired, bars may be frosted when cool with a white or chocolate butter frosting before cutting. Sprinkle more crumbled Almond Toffee on top.
- Serve warm with your favorite cold beverage.
Yield: 3 dozen.