Cookbook:Black Bean Soup and Salsa Verde
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Black Bean Soup and Salsa Verde|
- 2 15.5-ounce cans black beans, drained
- 1½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde (vary amount for less or more spicy)
- ¼ cup packed cilantro leaves, plus extra sprigs for garnish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Purée all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into a large saucepan or Dutch Oven, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer, partially covered and stirring frequently, to blend flavors, 5 or 7 minutes.
- Serve, garnishing each portion with 1 tablespoon of tortilla chips, 1 tablespoon of sour cream and optional cilantro sprigs.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- Garnishes: ¼ cup crumbled tortilla chips and ¼ cup sour cream