Cookbook:Bison Meatballs Baked in Hoisin Sauce (Marvin)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bison Meatballs Baked in Hoisin Sauce (Marvin)|
Marvins are a quick and tasty variation on the meatball.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 lb. (450 g) ground bison meat
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 peppercorns
- 2 clove studs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup precooked rice
- 1 large red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 large basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- ½ teaspoon fish sauce
- Hoisin sauce
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Oil the bottom of a 9x12 inch Pyrex cooking pan.
- Thinly slice the onion to create long thin slices.
- Mince the garlic.
- Microwave the onion slices and garlic on high for 5 minutes.
- Grind the cumin, coriander, peppercorns, cloves and salt using a mortar and pestle.
- Julienne the basil.
- Roughly mix the softened onions and garlic, bison, rice, spice grind, fish sauce and basil.
- Shape the meat mixture into tapered cylinders (similar to small sweet potatoes) and place into the cooking pan. The Marvins should be about 1-1/4 inch diameter in the middle and 5 inches long.
- Coat the Marvins with hoisin sauce.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Roll up in a warmed mooshi pancake with fresh cilantro or serve with a coconut milk based curry sauce and rice.
Warnings[edit | edit source]
- Always follow safe handling guidelines when using raw meat.