Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- ½ a steak (6–8 oz / 170–225 g) beef ribeye, sliced thinly across the grain on a bias
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ Thai bird chilis, finely minced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ large onion, finely diced
- Peanut (groundnut) oil
- ½ large carrot, peeled and julienned
- ¼ cup scallions, julienned
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Lightly oil the bottom of a wok or large skillet that has been preheated over medium high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until garlic is golden. Remove and keep warm.
- Sprinkle beef liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add 4 beef slices to the wok, and stir-fry until well-browned and no longer pink outside. Remove beef, and repeat until all beef has been browned.
- Add chiles, carrots, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and scallions to wok, and stir-fry until vegetables are lightly browned around the edges.
- Add the cooked onion, garlic, and beef to wok, and toss until heated through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.