Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes | Cuisine of the UK
Just like what Rick Steves ate on his 'Travels in Europe' show, when he visited Cornwall.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 cups (400 g) cubed cooking roast beef, in ¼-inch (65 mm) pieces
- 1½ cup (350 mL) cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 cup (240 mL) beef broth
- ½ cup (120 mL) diced cooked onion
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) parsley
- ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) thyme
- ½ teaspoon (3 mL) salt
- ⅛–¼ teaspoon (1–3 mL) pepper
- Pastry for double crust pie (9-inch or 22 cm)
- Half and half cream
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Combine beef, potatoes, broth, onion, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out ¼ of the pastry into an 8-inch (20 cm) circle.
- Mound 1 cup (240 mL) of filling on half of circle.
- Moisten edge of pastry with water.
- Fold dough over filling. Crimp edges with fork to seal.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Cut slits in top of each completed pastry.
- Brush tops with cream.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.