Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 slab St. Louis pork spareribs
- 5 tbsp Barbecue Rub
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup blackstrap
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Large hickory chunks
- Massage ribs with Rub. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for hickory in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat until reduced by 1/2.
- Place chunks in firebox of 250°F (120C) smoker.
- Place ribs in smoker and cook, brushing often with tomato mixture and changing chunks as needed, for 5-6 hours.
- Brush ribs generously with mixture and grill on high heat, brushing repeatedly until well browned on both sides.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes. Serve.