Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 slab St. Louis pork spareribs
- 5 tbsp Barbecue Rub
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup blackstrap molasses
- ¼ cup light molasses
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Large hickory chunks
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Massage ribs with the barbecue rub. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for hickory in a large saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat until reduced by ½.
- Place hickory chunks in firebox of 250°F (120˚C) smoker.
- Place ribs in smoker and cook, brushing often with tomato mixture and changing the hickory chunks as needed, for 5–6 hours.
- Brush ribs generously with mixture and grill on high heat, brushing repeatedly until well-browned on both sides.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes. Serve.