Cookbook:Bacon and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bacon and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes|
Bacon and Egg Stuffed Tomatoes
- 6 large tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled; or 4 tablespoons bacon bits
- ¾ cups diced celery
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Wash tomatoes thoroughly.
- Cut tops from tomatoes.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Chop tomato pulp.
- Drain tomato shells and sprinkle cavities with salt and pepper.
- Combine tomato pulp, bacon, celery, eggs, mayonnaise, parsley, and measured salt and pepper.
- Stir well.
- Fill tomato shell with bacon and egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.