Cookbook:Backyard Barbecue Ribs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Backyard Barbecue Ribs|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 slab pork spareribs
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato paste
- ½ cup molasses
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- Hickory chunks
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine dry seasoning and rub on pork ribs. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Place hickory chunks in a 250 °F (120 °C) smoker or a 250 °F (120 °C) charcoal grill set for indirect heat.
- Combine remaining ingredients, bring to a boil over high heat, and simmer until reduced by ¾.
- Place ribs in smoker/grill and cook 5–6 hours.
- Brush ribs with tomato mixture and place on a high grill, turning and brushing often until well browned.
- Remove and let sit for 10 minutes; serve.