From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Bête Noire is a rich flourless chocolate cake.
- 4 oz (120g) bittersweet chocolate
- 8 oz (230g) unsweetened chocolate
- Simple syrup (1/2 C water plus 1 1/3 C sugar)
- 1/2 lb (225g) butter
- 5 beaten eggs
- Chop chocolate in finely.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the chopped chocolate to the melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the syrup and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9-inch (23cm) springform pan, lined with parchment.
- Cook in a Bain-marie at 350°F (180°C) in an oven for 25-30 minutes.