Cookbook:Apple Parsnip Soup
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Apple Parsnip Soup|
This is a nice soup to make. It tastes good both hot and cold.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 onion
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 apples
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 1 lemon
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Soup mix (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Chop up the onions, and sauté them in a pot with the olive oil until the onions are golden.
- Chop up the apples, the carrot, and the parsnip, and put them into the pot.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- Put the water, the nutmeg, the soup mix (if you are using the soup mix), and the juice from the lemon into the pot.
- Cook for one hour, or until the carrots are soft.
- Put the soup into a blender, and blend it up until it is smooth; there should not be any lumps in it.
- Serve cold or hot!