Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Time||1 hour plus chilling|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 pound (450 g / 4 ea.) apples
- 3 ounces (85 g / ⅓ cup) caster sugar
- ½ US pint (240 ml / 1 cup) water
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp water
- 0.5 ounces (14 g) leaf gelatine
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Peel and slice the apples, then put them into a pan with the sugar, ½ pint water, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Simmer until tender, and rub through a fine sieve.
- Bloom the gelatin in the 2 tbsp water. Melt the bloomed gelatin, strain it, and stir it into the apple mixture, and turn into a prepared mould.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours until set.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mrs Beeton's Book of Household Management, retrieved 23 Nov 2022