Cookbook:Ambrosia Fruit Salad
|Ambrosia Fruit Salad|
|Time||prep: 5 minute|
chilling: 60 minute
Ambrosia Fruit Salad is a sweet mixture of mandarin oranges, fruit cocktail, coconut, and marshmallows coated in whipped cream. It originated in the 1900s and had a period of popularity in the United States. It is widely considered to be a traditional dish, suitable for family gatherings.
Below is one interpretation.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 4 cups of mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cans of pineapple, drained
- 6-8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups whipping cream
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mix the mandarin oranges and grapes, fruit cocktail, in a large bowl.
- Fold in the whipped cream, sour cream and marshmallows.
- Chill for at least an hour.
- Stir again before serving.