From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- How casting is done between types.
- Re-using existing code to improve or specialize the functionality of an object.
- Define a template, on which to base sub-classes.
- Delegates and Events
- Learn about delegates, anonymous delegates, lambda expressions, and events.
- Abstract classes
- Build partially implemented classes.
- Partial classes
- Split a class over several files to allow multiple users to develop, but also to stop code generators interfering with source code.
- Allow commonly used collections and classes to appear to have specialization for your custom class.
- Extension methods
- Extend the functionality of existing types.
- Object Lifetime
- Learn about the lifetime of objects, where they are allocated and learn about garbage collection.
- Design Patterns
- Learn commonly used design methodologies to simplify and/or improve your development framework.