Animating Weapons for Counter-Strike Source/Extracting Files From GCFs
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Extracting files from GCFs
Purpose: To retrieve the default model for decompiling
- Close Steam if it is running.
- Open GCFScape.
- Go to File>Open
- Open counter-strike source shared.gcf. It is found in your SteamApps folder. (Try C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\ or C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\)
- In the interface navigate to cstrike\models\weapons\
- For this tutorial we will animate an sg552.
- Select all of the files that begin with v_rif_sg552. This includes:
- Drag these files into your "default" folder.
- Extract cstrike\materials\models\weapons\v_models\hands\v_hands.vtf as well.
- If you are actually going to work with a default model, extract the vtf files from cstrike\materials\models\weapons\v_models\*weapon_name*\