Animating Weapons for Counter-Strike Source/Decompiling the Default Model
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Decompiling the Default Model
Purpose: To decompile the default models to use as a guideline for your compilation
Note: Make sure Steam is running.
- Open up Cannonfodder's mdl decompiler. (execute as admin)
- Uncheck "Use Steam File Access"
- Check "Do not fix rotations on animations".
- Click the ellipses next to "Choose Model File".
- Navigate to your "default" folder and select the mdl file.
- Click the ellipses next to "Choose Output Directory".
- Navigate to the "default" folder again and select it.
- Click extract. Two things can happen:
- mdldecompiler.exe crashes - Get an older version of Cannonfodder's mdl decompiler and place it in your sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin directory and try with that exe.
- Dump completes successfully - No extra work here!