| This book is an undeveloped draft or outline.
You can help to develop the work, or you can ask for assistance in the project room.
Foreword[edit | edit source]
9-1 History is a textbook designed to act as a free and reliable guide for students taking the 9-1 History GCSE.
The course has been structured around the AQA Specification.
Unlike most 9-1 Books, History has various optional modules. As it is recommended to read the modules that apply to you, also, History requires various techniques when answering questions which applies to everyone, so please read the techniques section.
A note about the notes[edit | edit source]
The notes are a brief, concise overview of a course that provide the theoretical minimum knowledge you need to know for a good grade. That being said, if you want a higher grade, you will have to read further by following some of the many links provided.
Paper 1: Period studies [edit | edit source]
- America, 1840-1895: Expansion and consolidation
- Germany, 1890-1945: Democracy and dictatorship
- Russia, 1894-1945: Tsardom and communism
- America, 1920-1973: Opportunity and inequality
Paper 1: Conflict and tension [edit | edit source]
- The First World War, 1894-1918
- The inter-war years, 1918-1939
- Conflict and tension between East and West, 1945-1972
- Conflict and tension in Asia, 1950-1975
- Conflict and tension in the Gulf and Afghanistan, 1990-2009
Paper 2: Thematic studies [edit | edit source]
- Health and the people: c1000-present
- Power and the people: c1170-present
- Migration, empires and the people: c790-present
Paper 2: British depth studies [edit | edit source]
- Norman England, c1066-1100
- Medieval England: the reign of Edward I, 1272-1307
- Elizabethan England, c1568-1603
- Restoration England, 1660-1685
Answering the questions[edit | edit source]
- Paper 1 Questions
- Paper 2 Questions