Wikibooks:Reading room/Technical Assistance
|General | Proposals | Projects | Featured books||General | Technical | Administrative||Deletion | Undeletion | Import | Permissions | Renaming|
To submit a bug notice or feature request for the MediaWiki software, visit Phabricator.
To get more information about the MediaWiki software, or to download your own copy, visit MediaWiki
Problem with putting the background image in html
I am failed to upload the background image in html plse give me some exmaple to this problem and some theroy and also tell the html s best books name —Preceding unsigned comment added by Vikas royal king (discuss • contribs) 09:03, 26 October 2012
Mars Book 1
I am having problems saving PDF file. I get invalid annotation error. Using Windows 7, IE 9.0.12 64Bit.
looking for a tool
Even though I know nothing about programming, I'm curious to know if there is a gadget or kinds of apps which can help me to start a book in a flash. This can be done through automatically insertion of a list showing book chapters. Something like the tool in Wikivoyage which inserts automatically templates for places for seeing, doing, buying, eating, etc. just by a click. In Wikibooks a similar tool can automatically insert templates like book_name/chapter_1_name, book_name_glossary, etc. Does such a tool already exsist here? --Doostdar (discuss • contribs) 20:08, 9 December 2014 (UTC)
- Seems to me books are more complex, and with vastly more variation, than Wikivoyage entries. So, best guess, I'd expect it to be a whole different level of challenge here.
- Once I get my interactive tools to a more advanced stage —I need to learn idioms for using them to create interactive assistants (wizards), as well as some lower-level implementation improvements— I'm hoping it might become practical to bring the tools here and start trying to develop wizards for doing bookish things with them. But that plan is not short-term. --Pi zero (discuss • contribs) 04:08, 10 December 2014 (UTC)
- That seems interesting to me. --Doostdar (discuss • contribs) 16:08, 10 December 2014 (UTC)
The MediaWiki Rendering Engine is kaput. Or is it something with WikiBooks?
I have been trying for 2 days now, to download Blender 3D: Noob To Pro as a PDF now. I have tried every way I could think of. And used 2 different computers, 2 different OSes and 3 different browsers. Nothing helps. I also created a random collection, on which the collection creator again choked. What course of action should I take next? Salmonlawyer (discuss • contribs) 06:22, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
- @Salmonlawyer: I just downloaded it no problem. Can you explain more about what the issue(s) was? Have you filed a bug at phabricator:? —Justin (koavf)❤T☮C☺M☯ 07:37, 14 December 2014 (UTC)
Subpages Lacking Links
Hi, I was editing the Microsoft Office book, when I noticed that the Windows Version Differences subpage lacked a link that returns you to the main Microsoft Office page. (This link would look something like "< Microsoft Office", and be located just under the title of the page.) I looked in the Mac OS X Tiger book, and there saw the link in question was there. However, it does not appear in the source for that page (as far as I can determine). Any pointers? Thanks! SupremeUmanu (discuss • contribs) 01:00, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
- Update: The links I mentioned are now present in the Office wikibook. SupremeUmanu (discuss • contribs) 01:06, 17 December 2014 (UTC)
Difficulty warning users using the warn tool
- If I try to warn a user using the sidebar , it warns the user using a default template which is mostly not suitable for the current purpose.
- If I try to warn a user using the dropdown menu , it does not work properly. Clicking Submit has no effect , and there is no dropdown for Vandalism and Spam.