User:Whiteknight/Programming for Kids
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
This page is an outline for a proposed book or project. This is only a planning page, not an actual book.
(Whiteknight) (Discuss) (Book Foundry) (Current Books) (VBD Edit)
- Do not add sub-pages to this outline.
- Any user may edit this outline, but Whiteknight maintains complete editorial control on this page.
- This page may be deleted without warning.
This outline was last edited on 2 December 2008. Last edit over 70 months ago. Please update.
This book is going to be an introduction to computer programming with a focus on Perl (possibly Perl 6).
- Target Audience
- Wikijunior kids, who are familiar with computers, but not with programming.
- Will cover a basic introduction to computer programming, variables, loops, "Hello world", whatever
Table of Contents
- Note for Parents and Teachers
- Parts of Computers
- Input and Output Devices
- Memory and Storage
- What is Programming?
- Programming Languages
- The Console
- What is Perl?
- How to get Perl
- Basic Examples
- Strings and words
- The Carriage Return
Math and Operations
- Basic Counting