From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Source books||Monster Manual|
The axe beak is a prehistoric carnivorous flightless bird, a very fast runner that hunts aggressively.
Publication history 
The axe beak has appeared in the following publications:
- First appeared in the first edition in the original Monster Manual (1977).
- The first Monstrous Compendium Forgotten Realms Appendix (1989), under the "Pleistocene animals" heading.
- Reprinted with the other Pleistocene animals in Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Two (1995).
- The third edition in the Arms and Equipment Guide (2003).
- The Tome of Horrors (2002) from Necromancer Games.
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- Conners, William, et al. Monstrous Compendium Forgotten Realms Appendix (TSR, 1989)
- Cagle, Eric, Jesse Decker, Jeff Quick, Rich Redman, and James Wyatt. Arms and Equipment Guide (Wizards of the Coast, 2003)
- Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 13. ISBN 1-58846-112-2.