Cookbook:Tacos de bistec
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Tacos de Bistec is a popular dish in Mexico. This form of the taco can be found in all areas.
- Shaved Steak, or cut steak may work.
- Corn Oil, or manteca (fat/ grease)
- Salsa Verde (Can be bought pre made in a super market)
It is best to make the tortillas later on. Refer to link given on how to make them.
- Cut the onions and cilantro and put them in bowls
- Cut the limes in 4 pieces
- Shave, or cut the steak into fine pieces
- Put the corn oil, or manteca in a pan or griddle and warm it up
- Cook the steak in the pan as needed
- When the steak is ready, keep it warm. You can also, use that grease to cook the tortillas, but make sure to move the meat over to a new pan keeping the as much grease as possible in the pan.
- Next cook the tortillas as the link tells you.
- Once everything is ready. Put the meat in the tortillas.
- Squeeze as much lime juice as wanted over the meat as wanted.
- Put as much cilantro, onions and salsa verde as wanted.