Cookbook:Spicy Chilli Chicken
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Chilli chicken - cooked Kerala style.
- 1 kg boneless chicken
- 1 tablespoon meat masala
- ¾ tablespoon red chilli powder
- ¾ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 tablespoon soy sauce
- 6 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 3 medium chopped tomatoes
- oil to fry the chicken
- 2 dark green paprika (green bell pepper), cut into 15 pieces each
- 4 big green chillies, cut in diamond-shaped pieces
- 1½ big onions (not sweet)
- salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, meat masala and salt for 2 hours.
- Fry the marinated chicken until it loses all the water.
- Into 3 tablespoons of the remaining oil put the red chilli powder, turmeric, and coriander powder, and sauté till they turn brown.
- Put in the onions and sauté till wilted.
- Put in the tomatoes, ginger and garlic and cook till the tomatoes are mashed.
- Pour in the sauces and simmer.
- Put in the fried chicken and the green chillies and simmer.
- Put in the green paprika and remove when the green peppers begin to soften.