Cookbook:Sausage and Tortellini Soup
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Sausage and Tortellini Soup|
Sausage and Tortellini Soup
- Vegetable spray or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (19.76-ounce) packages sweet Italian sausage
- 2 (8-ounce) cartons sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1 (9-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 (14-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (32-ounce) cartons low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) package fresh Three Cheese Tortellini (from dairy case)
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Coat a large stock pot with vegetable spray or 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Remove sausage from casings and heat over medium heat in stock pot until sausage is crumbled and no longer pink.
- When the sausage is completely cooked, add sliced mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are sautéed.
- Add the entire bag of baby spinach.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is lightly sautéed.
- Add diced tomatoes and stir thoroughly.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and simmer on low for 10 to 15 minutes until the pasta is cooked.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle generously with Parmesan cheese.