Cookbook:Peanut Butter Toast
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Peanut Butter Toast|
Who said you have to share?
OK, you've heard of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and you've heard of peanut butter toast. Why not combine them?!
- 1 slice of bread
- 2-4 tablespoons peanut butter, smooth or crunchy, whatever you like.
- 1-2 ounces chocolate chips
- Toast the bread in a toaster oven, using the broiler, one side, then the other.
- Smear the peanut butter on the bread. C'mon, now, this is not rocket science!
- Sprinkle chocolate chips lightly (or heavily, if you want!) on the peanut butter.
- Put the toast back under the broiler for about 20 seconds.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- If you don't like this, there's sompin' wrong wich-ya!
- Some people like to spread the chocolate chips, after softening under the broiler.
- A variation that I like is to spread marshmallow fluff over the peanut butter and replace the chocolate chips with a Nestles' crunch bar, and I use 2 toasts and make it a sandwich.
- Instead of heating the chocolate under the broiler, add cold chocolate chips (from the refrigerator) for a nice temperature contrast.
- According to taste, use milk, dark, semisweet, or white chocolate chips.
- I like it for late breakfast, but there NEVER has to be a reason for chocolate!