From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Servings||1 pie crust|
- 2¾ cups (350g) flour
- 1 ⅛ cups [260g] (2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons) butter (see notes, below)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (220g) confectioner's sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- With an electric stand mixer or hand-held mixer, combine flour, butter and sugar until the mixture has the consistency of small peas.
- With the machine on low speed, add eggs and yolk, and mix just until well-incorporated, about 25 seconds.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling out.
Tips, Notes, and Variations
- European-style butter, which has a higher fat content than American butter, is recommended. Most supermarkets now stock at least one variety of European-style butter, Plugra being one of the most popular brands.