From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
Palatschinke is an Austrian dish similar to the pancake. It possibly originates from Romania or Hungary given the etymology of the word. It's a tasty dish for any occasion.
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup (160ml) of milk
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups (480ml) chopped fruit or whole berries of your choice
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Strain the batter to get rid of lumps, then put in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Brush 12 inch (30cm) pan with butter. Ladle batter onto pan as if making crepes. leave space for spreading.
- Cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Combine orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla extract in medium saucepan. Bring to boil and add fruit.
- Put 2 tbsp fruit mixture on each crepes and fold over. sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.