Cookbook:Mirchi ka salan
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 150 gm green chillies
- 75 gm grated coconut
- 30 gm sesame seeds
- 30 gm peanuts
- 30 gm tamarind,soaked in water
- 100 gm oil
- 1 bunch of curry and coriander leaves
- 20 gm mustard seeds
- A few fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- Fry the grated coconut,sesame seeds and peanuts without any oil and blend them to a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a pan ,fry mustard and fenugreek seeds and curry leaves for few minutes.Then add green chillies and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the ground mixture to the green chillies and fry until the oil separates from the chillies.
- To this ,add salt ,turmeric,tamarind water and cook on low heat until the gravy thickens.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.