Cookbook:Golden Corn Bread
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Golden Corn Bread|
- 1 Cup corn meal
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup shortening
- ¼ cup sugar optional
- ½ of a 15 ounce can whole corn, drained optional
- ¼ onion, finely chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease an 8 inch baking pan.
- Combine Corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, milk, and shortening.
- Beat until fairly smooth; about a minute.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If corn added to batter, increase time ~50%
- Serve hot!