From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed of tough ends
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large straight-sided sauté pan over medium high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden. Add a pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper and cook 1 more minute.
- Add asparagus and season mixture liberally with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sauté until asparagus is lightly browned around edges.
- Check for taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Serve warm.