From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Time||prep: 15 minutes
cooking: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. crabmeat or imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsps. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsps. capers, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- Combine crabmeat, Italian style breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl for the cakes.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except the oil, to make the sauce.
- Shape crab cake mix into 3-inch patties (about 2 per serving).
- Add oil to a skillet.
- Pan fry the cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Serve cakes topped with the sauce.
Modified version of a crab cakes recipe found at Chefs.com.