|This Cookbook page needs work. Please improve it. See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements.
The following reason was given: Formatting, recipe template, verify Howard Taylor, relate to Queso Frito
Chupaquesos ("suck cheese") is a cheesy dish. The basic idea is to fry cheese until it reaches a rubbery consistency, then cover that rubbery layer with cheese and toppings, then fold it into a tube.
- About 3oz (85g) of "shell" cheese, shredded
- About 1oz (28g) of "filler" cheese, optionally a different kind of cheese, shredded
- In a medium-large non-stick (or cast-iron if you know how to use one) pan, sprinkle the "shell" cheese evenly. It will melt and bubble, and eventually form a layer of cheese.
- Once the underside is orange or brown colored, flip it over.
- Sprinkle the filler cheese down the middle, and put whatever toppings you want down the middle. It's advisable to get the toppings ready in advance - it's a time-critical procedure once it's flipped.
- Fold the shell over, and let it cook long enough to melt the filler cheese if desired. Serve and eat right away - do dishes later.
Serves one. Prep time about two minutes, cook time about two minutes.