From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Servings||4 or 5|
Calzone is a popular Italian form of pizza. The word means sock because the resulting pizza looks similar to a sock.
- 1 cup (240 mL) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (240 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces (115 g) any topping (such as ham, bacon, salami, pepperoni, and/or sausage) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) oregano
- 1 package pizza dough (store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine first 4 (or 3) ingredients.
- Roll the pizza dough between 2 pieces of waxed paper.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the center.
- Moisten edges of dough slightly.
- Fold the dough over.
- Seal edges by pressing with a fork.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 or 12 minutes.
- Serve with marinara sauce.