Cookbook:Black Forest Torte
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
|Black Forest Torte|
|Time||about two hours|
Black Forest Torte
- ½ cup butter
- 6 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
- Place pan on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, Beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Blend in chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Pour into crust; spread evenly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread pie filling over the top.
- In a small microwave bowl, combine chocolate and cream.
- Microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds or until chocolate is melted; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drizzle over tart.
- Chill until set.
see also: Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte